7.10.13

Some of you may know Guy Gondron,  A fantastic Artist and friend who beat Stage IV tonsil cancer last year. 

This year has brought a new challenge and in his words describes his condition:  “On Sept. 11, after months of minor and major symptoms, I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Dermatomyositis, a muscle disorder related to my cancer. The symptoms include muscle wasting, muscle and joint pain, and, if untreated, will lead to life in a wheelchair or bed. On Sept. 17, just a week later, I was laid off, despite having started the application process for the Family Medical Leave Act. On Sept. 19th, I found out that Arizona has zero Medicaid coverage for adults without dependents.”  

I was devastated to hear this and I am hoping you can help. Without financial support to get the health care he needs (and since his employer basically fired him for being sick), and to meet his basic needs, Guy will become permanently disabled, possibly to the extent of not painting again.  

This wonderful artistic genius, who has blessed us all with his digital stamps, over and over again, could really use our help.  I cannot help Guy on my own, but we can all do it together. 

Because he’s THAT Guy, he’s not even asking you to donate your money without giving you something in return. If you go HERE, for $5, you can have Halle’s coloring book, filled with wonderful “Stinky” images, so you can make really cute cards like this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment