1.2.16

Altered Box

Good Morning, Peggy here!    Who knew a crown royal box could look so pretty!.. lol My husband received a huge bottle of alcohol for Christmas so, I stole  er um , recycled the box!  Here is my box turned gelato tray. Today I used my eBrush by Craftwell USA.
http://www.craftwellusa.com
Items I used: 
An empty box
 this one is a sturdy one.
eBrush
Markers
Sandpaper
Patterned cardstock
Double sided tape
fruit cup/recycled
Inks

I covered my box in patterned paper using double sided tape. Each side is a separate panel. I used Blue and Green alcohol markers in my eBrush and sprayed all edges of the box. I cut a hole that would fit my recycled fruit cup. Next I sprayed the edges of the hole to cover the rough edges.  I used sandpaper to make the edges smoother to the surface of the box.

I loved this paper so much I have been hoarding it for quite some time. So I decided to make something to sit on my desk and hold my gelato's and since it is still a working box I may make a drawer on one end. Perhaps in the near future. I also used some distress inks to cover the whites of the edges I could still see and to give it an aged look.

I plopped down the fruit cup that I colored the edges of  and whalla! pretty instant gratification.
Now I get to look at my pretty paper every day.


I hope you are having a terrific day! Come check out the eBrush by Craftwell USA


No comments:

Post a Comment