15.12.17

Gift card box by Debi Tullier

I love making cool boxes for gift cards. I am away from my family so gift cards it usually is! So I make them special!


So if you have a snack cheese box you too can have some fun!


I started with painting a cheese box with some ivory acrylic painted over the lettering. I also have been saving up my baby wipes which are colored with beautiful inks. I knew that I was saving them for a wonderful project. 



After painting I used Tim Holtz's distress paint in Brushed Pewter to add texture to my box.  It has a dauber top and I dabbed it all over. I then cut the baby wipes in strips and then applied to the box with Aileen's tacky glue. I was ready for the bling effect. Thank goodness for the beautiful Metallic Mica Powder. It is wonderful for adding beautiful sparkle to any project.


I love adding the Mica powder and then I added pearl 3D paint to add some more sparkle.


This was a very simple project but I believe very elegant! Have a wonderful Christmas and I will see you the following week!

Supplies:
Laughing Cow Cheese Box
Liquid Acrylic Paint
paint stained baby wipes
Aileen's tacky glue
Mixed Media Supply Silver Mica Powder
Scissors
Puff pearl paint.

Happy Holidays!
Debi








3 comments: