21.2.11

Scrapbooker Poem

I started out with just one stamp, And when I bought some more
I decided that a shoe box Would make an ideal place to store.
Then as I added inks and pens My stamp collection grew
So I bought a roomy plastic crate, It would last for years, I knew.
Embossing then became my thing With powders and a heat gun,
Metallics, tinsels, pearls and clear, I soon had every one.
By now my lovely plastic crate Was spilling everywhere
And my glitter glue collection Lay scattered on a chair.
My Husband started muttering And said things had to stop,
So I bought a huge old wardrobe At the local charity shop.
But after a while I couldn't shut the door
And I put shelves in the spare room To accommodate yet more.
Our house is now for sale, Something larger being sought,
By the way, did I show you The latest stamp I bought........

No comments:

Post a Comment