28.2.14

Steampunk Mini Album


Hello! Today I would like to share with you my steampunk mini album.
Products used today are: 
The first thing I did was randomly cover my journal with magenta and green Pan Pastels. I took my black Faber Castell Gelato and made marks and covered  the edges.  I then sprayed my cover with Tattered Angels Cork spray 


Next I stamped with my Sin City Vintage Background Stamp in black Stazon Ink. Then I partially stamped on top of the stamp with Versa Mark Watermarking Ink and embossed with Gold and heated. 

I wanted to have the cover look aged and so I added a torn corner. Glued down a piece of cardstock and used my finger nail to distress it. I also distress with Ranger Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. 

I stamped my images from Sin City Stamps  before coloring with Lindys Sprays and edging with black Gelatos. 
Here I mixed embossing powders Black and Brown. I used my Sin City Stamps and Versa Mark Ink and heated to emboss.  I went over my images with the magenta Pan Pastel and Black Gelato.
I decided my pages needed some pockets. I cut Acetate pockets with a Tim Holtz Die and adhered
them down with double sided tape. To fill those pockets I made matching tags.  Below I used a beautiful stamp from Sin City Stamps and embossed it with gold embossing powder. 
This photo shows what to use to clean your stamps after using Stazon Permanent Ink.
If you do not clean your stamps your stamps will be stained permanently.

Below are my finished pages with pockets and tags bound with Vintage Seam Binding
stained with Magenta Pan Pastels and Black Gelatos. 

My favorite page magenta and black with Sin City Stamps. My matching tag also colored
with Pan Pastels, embossed with Sin City Stamps and fussy cut wings were a perfect match!

Last page embellished with leftover tag from G45. My matching tag uses gold and clear embossing powder. The clear embossing powder acted as a resist when I colored with Distress inks. 

This image shows without the tag below. Gorgeous background stamp from Sin City Stamps.  

This image shows the back cover which matches the front. 
Front cover with embellishments. 


I hope you have enjoyed my mini album and instilled some incentive to try it out for yourself!
I had a blast making this album with my favorite genre "Steampunk".
You can get your own stamps here:


Have a great day!
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment