17.11.14

Craftwell Ebrush Christmas Cards



Hello Peggy here, welcome to another tutorial featuring the fabulous Ebrush by Craftwell. Today I am making Christmas Cards.
Todays supplies include:
Ebrush and accessories
Stamps
Versa Mark
Embossing powder
Sharpie Markers
Copic Markers
Gesso
Stickles
Painters tape
Heat tool
Cardstock
Glitter
Clearsnap design adhesive

I started with an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock folded in half on the long side and cut in half at 4 1/4 giving me to cards. I stamped my image with Versa Mark ink and sprinkled black embossing powder on top, shaking off the excess. I heat set and let cool.


Next i stamped the same image on scrap paper and fussy cut to make a mask to place on top of my image. I used my Ebrush to then create  a background. I started with blue sharpies spraying an even coat down my card.
Then I sprayed a black sharpie on top of the blue to create a dark winters night. I also wanted to simulate some snow, so I used white gesso (you could also use white acrylic paint) and splattered spots while the mask was still on. After my background was created I colored with copic markers leaving just the snow to be covered with Frosted Lace Stickles.
Here is my result

Next I had some cut images I thought would look great on a card.
So I got my Ebrush and sprayed with green and red sharpies. First my berries then the leaves. I used two shades of green for the leaves spraying the lighter color first. I also used dark green on the edges for definition and drew in the center line.

I used a red piece of cardstock for my next card with the same dimensions as the card above.
I used painters tape to create some metalic gold edges. TIP: Get your desired length of tape and stick it to your cloths a couple times to reduce the stickyness as it may rip your paper as you peel it off.

Below I have two paper ornaments and I am crazy for purple so I decided to color them in the same colors as my tree this year. Purple and Gold.
I used my Ebrush with purple sharpies to cover the ornaments and then I added some detail with the gold. On the one on the right I was able to leave a band around the center without masking.
Next I used painters tape to mask off the purple then I sprayed gold metallic in the center. 
Peeling the tape off carefully I now had a perfect stripe. I added dots along the top with my pen and continued to spray the tops.
I stamped a sentiment in versa mark ink and I used a clear embossing powder to create a tone on tone effect and heat set. The only thing left was to assemble. I couldn't have ornaments without a tree so I created a small tree with the help of design adhesives and glitter. Here is my result:
I hope you have enjoyed todays tutorial and I encourage you to try this fabulous must have crafting tool! It's fun and so easy to use!


1 comment:

  1. Peggy, love both of the cards! Thanks for the great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete