Easy background coloring made in a jiffy. I colored my focal image with alcohol markers and out lined some of the leaves and left parts white/blank. Then I used my eBrush to color in all the white areas. I could literally get a fine mist of color onto my paper and it took about 10 seconds!.
I cut and layered all of my patterned paper onto thick cardstock card base and placed some ribbon and within 15 - 20 mins I had a card ready to mail off.
I started with my flowers and petals. I eBrushed (sprayed) with alcohol markers to get different effects on each petal. Some were light on the outside and some not. Then I sprayed water on each petal and formed my petals with the bottom of a pen and rolling some over a pencil and squishing the ends to create a more natural form. Breaking down the fibers with water and a pen help to form the petals more easily. I let them dry before placing them all on top of each other and fitting them with some floral wire for stayman and gluing the centers in place.
12x16 Cotton Canvas Opus Exhibition
Recycled Newspaper to catch extra paint
cups for mixing and for legs for drying
Today was the day I had to try this technique..
I created a "Dirty Pour" Mix into a cup created of Acrylic Medium, Acrylic Paint, Silicone Oil, GAC 800 to prevent crazing and Ink. Each color was created separately in a cup with oil and medium before combining into one cup. I slowly added each color into one cup with the majority of white on the bottom. White , Blue, Turquoise and Black with Gold alcohol ink touch.
I used Turquoise Spray from the DecoArt Media line to create these lovely branched crystals.
I do not imagine any one piece the same.
After pouring the cocktail of mixture I tipped the canvas until the edges were covered.
I quickly fired up a hand torch and heated the canvas to create separations in paint called cells.
Then I took my eBrush and just with air starting from about 12inches above increasing closeness until I slowly moved paint to create whispy effects such as exposing the heavier paint underneath. This technique was ever so changing and fun to watch.
As the paint was drying I noticed very distinct valleys of texture separation. I would think the ink mixed with medium would be thinner (viscosity) and separated or my sea level altitude had an effect on drying time
I let this all dry overnight on the kitchen counter and woke up and hung my piece.
I love it! I will be coating this to protect it.
If you've been looking for the perfect deal on an eBrush, accessories, dies or embossing folders, the Cut-n-Boss, etc... NOW is your chance! Use the code PEGGY50 for 50% off your order at Craftwell. http://shop.craftwellusa.com
I have been working on some acrylic pouring and I will share once it is dried. This process is so fun, relaxing and freeing of control. Check back in tomorrow! Some of my supplies include: alcohol inks/sprays as well as a couple mediums and silicone oil. And of course my eBrush by Craftwell!
I sprayed red alcohol markers on my flowers to coordinate with my papers today. Then I created a tag from cardstock and with my adaptor for my specific marker I was able to make my own embellishments with ease using my eBrush.
Next I layered my stickers and embellishments to create this tag.
I enjoyed creating today's tag for "My Love". Check out our eBrush by Craftwell Here!
I hope you had a fantastic Valentine's Day!
Hello and Welcome! Today I am showing you my challenge for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.
The Challenge is called O for Outrageous and I created a little mixed media treat for you today.
I am in love with DecoArt Products and today I am showing you a DecoArt Crackle Paste dried and sprayed with DecoArt media line Shimmer Mister (Turquoise) and water. The tail is made using Tim Holtz Distress Paints (chipped sapphire, mermaid lagoon, seedless preserves), sprayed water and dripped 70% alcohol.
Come and join us for this challenge down at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Blog and upload your picture for the challenge.
Below is the bag I started with of Potpourri nicely scented for my bathroom.
I used my eBrush to give the purple and pink shades I needed for my flowers. I held my eBrush 12inches away from my flowers and gave them all a kiss of pink and purple. I love how some came out lighter than others for a variation in color.
Next it was time to glue down the pieces of potpourri onto the piece of the dried driftwood.
And that is it! I have a beautiful piece of placed flowers and sponges that smell great too!