11.4.14

Sin City Stamps Light Switch Plate

Hi, Peggy here to show you how I produced this faceplate with Sin City Stamps!
Materials used today are: 
  • Sin City Stamps
  • Golden Molding Paste
  • Stencils (hexagon and circles)
  • Stazon Ink (black)
  • Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
  • Water Mister
  • Heat Tool (Speed up drying time)
  • Gear Embellishments
  • E6000 Glue
  • Blank light switch plate
I started by sealing my raw wood plate with a coat of white gesso. I made some texture with Golden Molding Paste and Stencils.
Below shows how I used a Machine Man Unmounted Steampunk Stamp. I only used parts of the stamp with Stazon Black ink and rolled them onto my plate. Stazon was an important ink to use as it is permanent ink. I dropped distress ink and let it bleed and sprayed it with water. As I sprayed I could see my stamped images reappear. I had excess distress ink that ran off my project and onto my matt. I made sure to soak up some wrinkled dictionary paper for another project down the line. 



After a first coat of distress ink had dried I wanted it a little darker so more distress ink was needed. What I love is that distress inks are water based and the stazon is permanent, so I never lost my stamped images while darkening. 

 I added my embellishments with E6000 glue and thats it! Here you can see below the paper I used to soak up any extra ink.
I hope you enjoyed my post and encourage you to come out and see the Sin City Stamps Store for Stamps, Chipboard, Die Cuts, Stencils and more!..



No comments:

Post a Comment