26.9.14

Halloween Decor Box with Sin City Stamps


Hello!

Peggy here to show you how I altered this box. All month we have been patnered up with Pan  Pastels.  Now that it is officially  Fall I can't  get my mind off Halloween! This box could be used for home decor or filled with treats for a special  little ghost.

List of supplies used today :
Black oven baked clay
Black Gelato
Various metal gears
Homemade Stencil
Black Acrylic paint
Rub and Buff
Fixative spray
Black Cardstock

I began by covering my box with pieces of clay that had been poked to resemble metal. I stamped my red rubber unmounted stamp into the clay and I cut around the balloon image. I baked my pieces in the oven with the given instructions on the package of clay.

I painted the box with black paint. After drying I glued each piece on the box with crystal lacquer.
I colored my pieces with my finger and rub & buff lightly catching the raised areas only. I used pan pastels on the edges of my balloon embellishment.


I created a piece of paper for the inside bottom of my box using a pan pastel blend using my soft tools sponge.  I cut out a homemade stencil and using my black gelatos I randomly  placed some bats, again using my finger for applications. I sprayed my cardstock with a sealer to ensure the pan pastels and gelatos stay in place.

I made some bats cut out of black cardstock, colored with black gelatos and edged with purple pastels.

I used some thread to simulate the bats pulling the balloon through the air.

Finally I added some metal embellishments.

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and I encourage you try Pan Pastels and Sin City Stamps!

Warmly,



No comments:

Post a Comment