27.7.18

Metal Gears Journal Cover


 Hello! 
Today I would like to tell you how I made this Journal Cover. 
Supplies used today are :
THoltz Die Gears
Cardstock 
Journal Cover
Inks (distress, versafine black)
Cinnamon
Perfect pearls patina collection
DecoArt Antiquing cream
Gel Medium (any glue will do)
Collage papers
Black marker

 I cut my gears out first and laid them down to paint. 
I used perfect pearls patina silver, green and blue. I dabbed on the powders using a gel medium. 

Next, I pulled out some real cinnamon, again using my medium to stick it to the gears. Lastly, I pulled out my mixed media supplies mica powder in copper to add the shiny bits. 
I let that dry and started with my journal cover. I collaged some vintage papers/text to my journal cover. Then I got my stamps and stencils out and in black ink, I stamped the chain link fence stamp and used the numbers stencil. Then I took the distress inks and went to town. Firebrick red, Broken China oxide, and Peacock feathers distress inks.  Then I used antiquing cream sparingly on the base. 

I took a black Pitt pen and made brick like marks randomly. 
Then I laid my dried gears and I used double-sided foam tape to prop up some of the gears of the background. 

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial for inspiration for your next steampunk gears journal cover. 

Warmly,

Peggy Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment